26 April 2010, by A. Cedilla
Here are more links with security tips, this time with great stuff from Lifehacker.com.
- I Will Use Good Passwords, by Joe Kissell of Macworld.com
- Password Hasher, a Firefox security add-on.
- Pick A Good Password, part one and part two (which is basically a very short mnemonic tip).
- How I’d Hack Your Weak Passwords, by John Pozadzides, plus this great article on The Threat of Free Public Wi-Fi, with videos.
- Making your passwords safer.
Assorted phishing and protection tips:
- A phishing flowchart for the uninitiated, and a guide to avoiding online scams.
- 8 methods to avoid phishing scams, at Marvquin.com, and 44 more ways at Focus.com.
- Report phishing attempts at Phishtank, so other people can protect themselves too.
- Protecting yourself from malware attacks.
- Protecting your data the right way.
Online accounts and hacking:
- Lessons from hacked Google and Gmail accounts.
- Social hacking : How I Stole Someone’s Identity, by Herbert Thompson, at Scientific American.
- A related article on the weakest link in your online armor: “Forgot your password?“
Like this article? Found it helpful? Bookmark Jrox Entrepreneur for more helpful articles, and visit Jrox.com to learn more about Affiliate Marketing and get access to your own Affiliate Software and eCommerce Shopping Cart.